Brian
Brian, Technician
Experience:  20yrs volvo/saab foreign car service

my 94 saab dose not have power to the pump from fuse can you help

Category: Car
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome. Have you checked for spark?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no i don,t have any power at the fuse to the fuel pump, and no gas to motor ,i,m woundering if the relay is bad ,
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.

it could be the relay but if the crank sensor is not working you wouldn't have power to fuse because this tells the pump to turn on and activities the spark so if you are missing both of these then it i the crank sensor.

Thanks

Brian

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Brian i changed the senser its new and when i turn the key the tack dose not move wile cranking engine over , i changed the motor could i have missed something ty
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.

so if I understand you just replaced motor and it will not start correct? and you have no fuel or spark?

Thanks

Brian

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry about that Brian, but i do have spark just no fuel to motor and i put new pump & filter,crank senser , igniton, but no power to pump and now i ordered a new relay but did not put in yet need to figure out witch 1 it is.. ty XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.

relay is usually gray on bottom left in panel under steering column. here is part #8533176. They use this relay for alot of different applications.

Thanks

Brian

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Brian ok but with everything i did could this relay be the last resort or do the codes need to be cleared Dj
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.

the relay is the only thing left you have replaced the pump and igntion switch the relay is it. codes do not need to be cleared.

Thanks

Brian

Brian, Technician
Experience: 20yrs volvo/saab foreign car service