George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

olds silhouette: van..back blower is broken, is this a diy job

Customer Question

I have a1998 ols silhouett van, the back blower is broken, is this a diy job, how hard is it to get the fan out and where is it located, can I get a fan from a wreck place and what would it cost if I have it done at a grage?
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

It may be a blown fuse or the blower resistor rather than the blower motor but if you have or can get a 12 volt test light I can help you to test and see.

Would you like to do that?

Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

OK hoping that they diagnosed it correctly you will have to remove the rear quarter trim then there is one electrical connector and three screws to remove.

Click here for the blower removal

I don't have instructions for the left rear trim but it is not hard to remove, just find the fasteners and remove them

Edited by George H on 7/2/2010 at 12:49 AM EST