Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.

92 Ford Thunderbird: better replacement seats from salvage..vehicles

If I want to replace my old car seats with better replacement seats from salvage, what other Ford vehicles would have interchangable seats with my 92 Ford Thunderbird?

Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

No others actually bolt in, unless you find another Fomoco product built on the same chassis. The best thing to do is to find a set that you like, and put your seat tracks onto the replacement seats. Sometimes this can be a little work, and a plate that you drill holes into will be needed. Changing seats is considered to be a custom fabricators job lots of times. It can be a lot tougher that you would imagine. If you go to a pull your own part auto salvage you can test fit any seat in a vehicle like yours before you buy it, and this makes it easier than not being able to know how a seat will fit. Sometimes some of the high end cars will be at the salvages, and you might be able to find a set of seats that have heat, and are all electric that will fit. It is common to see real leather in some of the more expensive cars too, so keep an eye out, and be sure to test fit them so you know what you are getting into. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.