PAVLIN, Technician

2002 Saab: 3 Hatchback with a Turbo station

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Saab 9-3 Hatchback with a Turbo Engine. I have been experiencing mulitiple problems. First my radio skips from one radio station to another than back to the CD. I just have to turn it off because it drives me crazy. Also sometimes when I am driving down the road my turbo starts to rev up and down by itself sometimes causing the car to die. Do you know what this might be? Recently I have to rev the gas when I am at a stop so my car doesn't die. So I am not driving it right now.
Category: Car
Expert:  PAVLIN replied 6 years ago.

Hi, turbo cannot change up and down. It is most likely throttle body causing it.

you need to remove throttle body and clean it good with intake manifold cleaner.

Radio, you have to take it someone who does radios. I do not know your location but i will give you this number you can call on Monday and ask for Jerry.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about having to keep the gas pedal held down when I come to a stop or my car dies?
Expert:  PAVLIN replied 6 years ago.
Hi, it may be bad idle control valve. Vehicle need to be scanned for codes and valve performance observed. In some cases just clearing All computer adaptations will reset all values and car improves. It is like rebooting you computer, but you need factory scanner for this.