Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

1997 900 SE: SAAB..light coming..the console controls going

How long and How much should it cost to replace a SAAB 1997 900 SE Alternatory. I've had a bell go on and battery sign go up (it's a new battery). I've driven for a week with a brake warning light coming on and the console controls going off for second while highway driving. Is this an alternator problem

this does sound as if you have a charging problem..

first,you need to load test the charging system,,if you have no load tester,,most auto parts stores will do this test for free,,this will in fact determine if the alternator is bad....this alternator may cost around $300+/- and may cost $100 to install

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP