Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

98 Ford Explorer: battery went dead..warranty..the alternator, so we

Customer Question

We own a 98 Ford Explorer, and suddenly the battery went dead on it. We had a warranty on it, got a replacement, and put the new one back on, and the car worked for about 2 hours, then went dead again. We assumed it was the alternator, so we took it off, took it to the auto parts store, and had them test it. They said the alternator was indeed dead, so we got a new one, put it on, and the car worked great....for about two hours. Now its dead again. Could there be a fuse or electrical problem that is causing both the battery and the alternator to go dead? We're typically great at doing our own minor repairs, but I guess this is beyond our knowledge. We hate paying for labor on something we can do ourself! Could it be something as simple as a fuse?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you have a volt meter or test light, we can help you diagnose this,Tim