Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

2002 911 Carrera: dealership..inspection..seal..valves..headlight

I am thinking about purchasing a 2002 911 Carrera Turbo with 36,690 miles. I had a Porsche dealership give me a pre-purchase inspection and found the following issues:

* Bank 2 Turbo oil Tank and Seal leaking
* Recirc Valves failiing
* P/S headlight washer inop need diag.

I would like to know if any of these items are serious or not. Since I am not a car buff I don't know if this is "normal" for the miles and the year of the car and if these are expensive items to repair. Any help you could give would be appricated before I purchase this car....which I really want to do!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Do not but this car you will need a turbo very soon which is extremely expensive about 2000 plus.The headlight washer is usually a pump or hose issue . Honestly pass this one up . The turbo failing is signs the car was neat a little and over reved could be engine or transmission damage down the road.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry but I think you had some typing errors. Are you saying to NOT purchase this car and that it is possible that it was BEAT a little?
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Yes absolutely . The turbo issue alone is a good sign is was beat . I would definitely look at something else.

Hoped this helped.