tech0405, Technician
Experience:  Certified technican 10 years experience

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS: sluggish..changing gears..the accelerator

We just went to dinner in my wife's 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS A/T. I had been noticing recently that it was sluggish when accelerating and that it mildly "slipped" when changing gears. Tonight as we were accelerating it seemed as the accelerator "stuck" and then the transmission "slammed" into gear enough for the engine light to come on. After that it was very slow to accelerate from a stop, but seemed to run ok once moving. After dinner, when I started it the next time, the engine light remained off. However, on the way home I stopped by a Autozone and had it scanned. I was told that the stored code was in relation to the "Transmission sensor circuit". Any suggestions please?
Can you please provide me the code #??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, It seemed like it was going to be a transmission issue so after a short chat about finding a trans shop I left without asking.
I have seen this issue before in the shop and there is actually a technical bulletin issues related to the one you are having what you will need to do is check the grounds that are shown below in my pictures make sure they are good and clean .

If there is no corrosion and the grounds are clean you will need to know wich solenoid exactly caused the fault thats why i was asking for the fault # XXXXX may just have a faulty solenoid in the valve body wich are known to go bad . I really dont think you need a new transmission . I hope this has helped.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Valve body in the transmission?
By valve body i mean the solenoid assembly where all the solenoids are located at.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

OK Thanks.

I have a local Aamco transmission here that I have had both cars at a few times. I have found that they quote me a considerable amount less than other shops in the area and they are treating me like a good customer now.

Looks like a visit to them in the morning, but this will help to give me an idea.

Thank you very much.