hauto
hauto, Technician
Experience:  15 year hands on technician experince, associate degree in automotive technologhy
24868125

My ABS light with the Anti-Lock brake..Im driving..rotors..sensors

Customer Question

My ABS light with the Anti-Lock brake keep on coming on when I'm driving. I have change the (4) hub assembly with the sensor, the brake, the calliper, the rotors It is still giving me the same problem. I had the car diagnose they told me that the sensors were was the problem. If changed everything the problem is still there. Nowt they tell me I need to change the Oxygen senso.r Can you tell me what I need to do if you know please.Rendezvous
Category: Car
Expert:  hauto replied 6 years ago.

what is the abs code that your dealing with ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't remember if it is 147or 142
Expert:  hauto replied 6 years ago.

the fault with these two codes is a ebcm(electronic brake control module).

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they did 2 diagnoses at different places one of the tech check that ebcm and it wasn't. I even changed the fuse
Expert:  hauto replied 6 years ago.

the codes you provided me are known for a faulty ebcm, the fuse if blown would not set these codes.read the following.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The DTC will set when the EBCM detects one of the following internal to the EBCM only:

• An open in the solenoid coil or circuit.
  • A short to ground in the solenoid coil or circuit.
  • A short to voltage in the solenoid coil or circuit.

the only way to really test the ebcm is with a known good one. unless there are different codes I would bank on the module.