Jim Chill
Jim Chill, Technician
Experience:  15 years Ford dealership experiance 25 years all makes and models
30684252

1994 ford explore: the eec fuse blow ,every time i put a new one

i have a 1994 ford explore and the eec fuse blow ,every time i put a new one and atemp to start it what is my problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Chill replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer. On the drivers inner fender well there is the eec relay. check the plug going to it, sometimes the relay is out of its bracket and left upside down and will fill up with water and short out. The relay is brown and black and has 4 or 5 wires going to it with an ID# XXXXX 12a646 on it. Check and repair or replace as needed. Jim
Expert:  Jim Chill replied 6 years ago.

Correction: The eec relay is in the power dist box. see diagram. I was thinking of a full size truck. Check the relay #'s and see if you can swap it with another one with same ID and try fuse. Jim

graphic