danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

2002 galant: on long trip..neutral..gear but engine sounds..simple fix

2002 galant driving on long trip and suddenly stops like the transmission is in neutral. Wont drive in any gear but engine sounds fine? 125k miles
I'm hoping for a simple fix. any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
I hope things a siple for you also. A connection may have come loose or your tranny may need a rebuild.tran fluid looks fine is a good sign. You will need to get your transmission scanned to get closer to the issue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what connection? is it the same as the transmission on a 2002 dodge. Are you talking about the cable to the transmission solenoid like on my dodge? would it be visible ?
My daughter and her freind are broken down 500 miles away. Before I go to fix them I'm hoping to have a good idea.
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

I am unsure of the dodge. But there are so many way's this could happen. Checking all connections to transmission is the first step. Also linkage. If your daughters car has aaa or another towing service they can sometimes check out minor things for you. If the tow truck co doesnt have a clue its going to be tough without haveing the right tools and scanning equiptment. I have three daughters myself. let me know if she is close to evansville in. I will help.