Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Oldsmobile Bravada: Car starts..first gear..stop light..second gear

Oldsmobile Bravada 2000. Car starts off in first gear and shifts fine to second. But when I come to a stop light, it seems to downshift only to second gear. Because it is very week and slow to start again, and doesn't upshift until 25 or 30 mph. what will it cost to fix?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
This usually means you have a failing shift solenoid, I'm assuming your check engine light is on so you can have the diagnostic codes checked for ree at your local parts store and they should be able to tell you which solenoid. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any idea what it should cost for the part and how much time in labor to replace?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Under $200 total. If you get the code I can tell you specifically. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.