danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

cause a sever shake in the front end at highway speeds..60 mph..brakes

What would cause a sever shake in the front end at highway speeds. It seems fine up to about 60 mph then starts to shake. when you touch the brake the brakes are also shaking
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 3 years ago.

bad tires can shake pretty bad so you can rotate them to see if they get better.

Also this tech service bulletin.

VEHICLE MAKE/MODEL: MODEL YEAR(S):

Hyundai/Sonata 1999-2004

Hyundai/XG300 2001-2004

Hyundai/XG350 2001-2004

MANUFACTURER: Hyundai Motor Company

MFR'S REPORT DATE: April 14, 2009

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER: 09V124000

NHTSA ACTION NUMBER: EA08016

COMPONENT: Suspension

POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 175765

SUMMARY:
Hyundai is recalling 175,765 M/Y 2001-2004 Sonata and M/Y 2001-2004 XG300 and XG350 vehicles originally sold in or currently registered in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and The District of Columbia. During winter months, large quantities of salt are used to de-ice roads in the salt belt states. Road salt may result in internal corrosion of the front sub-frame that is progressive and may result in thinning or perforation of the sub-frame steel. The corrosion is frequently visible and often discovered during inspection or routine maintenance. You may also hear noises or notice tire misalignment and steering pull. These are indications your vehicle should be serviced. If these signals are undetected or unheeded, the corrosion may progress and the forward mounting of the lower control arm may detach from the sub-frame. If that happens, the vehicle may lose driver power to the wheels. the front wheel may make contact with the fender or wheel well.

CONSEQUENCE:
Separation of the forward mounting of the lower control arm may increase the risk of a crash.

REMEDY:
Dealers will measure the thickness of the front sub-frame and inspect the front sub-frame for corrosion damage if necessary the front sub-frame will be replaced with a new sub-frame that incorporates additional holes in the upper and lower panels. If the front sub-frame does not require replacement, the dealer will add drainage holes to the sub-frame and will treat the sub-frame with rust-proofing material to arrest the corrosion process. This procedure will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during April 2009. Owners may contact Hyundai's customer assistance center at 1-800-633-5151.

NOTES:
Hyundai recall No. 089. Owners may also contact The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov/.

Ther stabilzer bar and bad bearing are the other thing loose lug nuts. I know you have check that already but some dont.I have done a bit of extra check and want to supply you with evrything. so here is a pdf on a issue your hyundai has

http://www.mediafire.com/?ni2yynu22nz If they have torqued your wheels down wrong your rims may have issues there is a special way to do that too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It just happened again. It almost feels like there is a transmission is slowing the car down. After it happens even at lower speeds it feels like the transmission is slowing the car down.

Expert:  danny replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like your half shaft. This is the drive shaft that goes into your hub . Your hub consist of you hub spindle wheel bearing. There should be no or very little play in this and you can lift car off the ground with jack to check them.
danny, Mechanic
Experience: Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.