Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

2000 Hyundai Tiburon: what the oil pressure for the transmission is

Customer Question

2000 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 A4BF2 need to know what the oil pressure for the transmission is for each gear. If you have a chart.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

Found this for you, hope it helps!

OIL PRESSURE TESTS
1.Completely warm up the transaxle.
2.Raise the front of the vehicle so that the front wheels can be rotated.
3.Connect an engine tachometer and place it in a position where it's easy to see.

4.Attach the special oil-pressure gauge (09452-21500) and the adapter (09452-21002) to each oil-pressure outlet port. When the reverse pressure is to be tested, the 3,000 kPa (400 psi) type of gauge should be used.

5.Measure the oil pressure under various conditions. Check to be sure that the measured results are within the standard value range shown in the "Standard oil pressure table" below. If the oil pressure is not within the specified range, check and repair as described in the section "Preliminary Steps If Oil Pressure Is Not Normal" on the next page. Standard Oil Pressure Table

- must be 19.6 kpa (2.8 psi) or less. SW-ON: Switch ON the overdrive control switch. SW-OFF: Switch OFF the overdrive control switch. * : Hydraulic pressure is generated, but not the standard value.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Contact you Wednesday, I might have another question for you. Please be patience with me and I will make it worth your time, Regards, Chris.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

No problem! I will be here and do the best I can for ya