George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

Mazda B3000: My oil..needle..stop, the check engine light comes

Customer Question

Mazda B3000. My oil gauge needle back and forth, very fast when I come to a stop, the check engine light comes on and there is a slight change in the engine... when I start moving again, everything is back to normal. ?
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The first thing you need to do is remove the oil pressure sender and install a mechanical gauge to see if the pressure is really fluctuating. If it is there may be debris on the pressure regulator seat or the spring may have broken

Let me know if it is the electrical system (mechanical gauge is normal) or if it is the lubrication system and we can work from there.

Can you check your year or post the VIN as Mazda did not make a B3000 in 1993

Let me know