JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

1991 mazda b1600: Air conditioner runs switch..compressor

My 1991 Mazda B2600I Air conditioner runs great when switch in lowest fan setting, anything higher, the light on the AC switch goes off as does the compressor. Just had it charged, so that's not the problem. Do I replace the switch or the risistors? Howo do I get the switch out--drawing in Haynes Manual too vague
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing

The blower fan switch provides ground to the A/c switch.

The switch grounds the A/c relay to activate it.

Replace the blower switch and the A/c will work at all speeds.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The other part to my question was how to get to the switch. Look back at question please
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I'm doing a follow up and noticed that you havent replied back or ACCEPT the answer to your question yet. Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. Keep in mind that the experts on this site are compensated for their time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer.