Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

01 leganza, the battery was replaced and now I cannot use the radio.

Customer Question

I have an '01 Leganza, the battery was replaced and now I cannot use the radio. It flashes continously for a code. I do not have the manual to figure this out, can you help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

You can go to to get your raido code to unlock it. ONce you have it, just be sure to write it down so that you have it next time.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I went to this website and it told me to just give them the VIN # XXXXX that is it. Then they said I had to remove the radio from the car in order to get the serial # XXXXX the radio.

When I went to find out how to remove the radio, they made me pay to get the instructions on how to remove the radio. Is this really the only way to get this thing fixed? I'm a woman and am somewhat mechanically inclined, but I think I will ruin the wood grain on the dash to remove this.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
There should be little screws or tabs that hold the trim into place. THis is the only way that I know how to get your radio code.

I can leave this question open for other experts. Maybe another expert has can give you the radio code number.