Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

wouldnt start..awhile..Do I need a new starter or a new battery?

Customer Question

ater doing errand all day my car suddenly wouldn't start. No turn over -nothing!After waiting awhile it started to click-then 30 minutes later it started. Do I need a new starter or a new battery? i have a 2000 mistibishi mirage
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

Based on your description it is likely a bad connection between the starter and the battery. I would have the charging system tested and the battery however. It is most likely a poor connection though. Most parts stores like autozone can test the battery and the alternator right on the car and will do so at no charge.

This is where I would start. Hope it helps!