Bill Barrow
Bill Barrow, Technician
Experience:  over 25 years specializing in electrical other fields brakes, suspension and running/starting

1997 olds: electric windows will only work..drivers side control

I have a 1997 Olds 88. The electric windows will only work at the driver's side control. One window will not work at all. Is this doable for a do-it-yourself-fix? Can you explain how?
Category: Car
Expert:  Bill Barrow replied 6 years ago.
The most common cause for the other doors having no control is a bad master control in the driver door. The window that doesn't work at all most likely has a bad motor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for that info. My husband has some electrical experience. Do you feel that this is something a do-it-yourselfer can do?
Yes it is. Ask him to get a replacement switch from a salvage yard. Use the car at salvage to learn how to pull the panel open without breaking any clips. Unplug the switch and try it in your car. Make sure the two switches are identical.