transman, automotive instructor
Experience:  28 years exp,complete autmotive diagnostics and repair

1992 Galant: runs fine rains or gets wet,then wont start

Hi have 1992 Galant runs fine until it rains or gets wet,then won't start at all.
Have to wait for 2to 3 hours in the sun or fine wheather before it will start.
This happens every time it rains.
Please help
hi, you need to check if you missing spark or injection signal when this happens because ones you start it will be possible to diagnose, a bad set of spark plug wires will cause this problem did you resently replace the ignition wires.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No have not replaced ignition wires at all.
Please not very mechanicaly skilled so please tell me how to check for missing spark or injection signal.
One point if it helps is that once it has started up after not going it some times feels like it is not running on all six for a few mintues after wards and will run rough when this happens.
yes this sounds like ignition wires, i will suggest to replace the ignition wires first, to eliminate this possible problem, you can by the wires at any auto parts make sure they are good quality wires and then let me know i will instruct you to replace them.