John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience

I have a fault code on my Land Rover Disco that is P0300 and

I have a fault code on my Land Rover Disco that is P0300 and P1360. The P1360 is a Misfire Excessive Emissions Fault and the P0300 is a Misfire on Multiple Cylinder. Would this problem be associated with the ignition coil? If it is coils how do you isolate the problem because there are 4 of them?
Thank You,

Category: Car
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

I would start with carefully checking the spark plug wires and the spark plugs. The coil pack is sold as one unit with the 4 coils all together. If the misfire gets worse then you may see the codes point to specific cylinders. But until then look at the plugs for cracks in the white porcelain and the plug wires for worn spots where they may be arcing to ground. Check the areas of the plug wires where they cross over the valve covers.

Let me know what you find.