scottyz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE tech, Ford senior master tech

1998 olds bravada: automatic..manifold..the gas tank) the gas cap

1998 olds bravada 4.3liter automatic w4x4. What may cause the code 0446. I have already replaced both purge valves(the one on the engine manifold, and the one by the gas tank) the gas cap and the carbon canister. I am getting ready to drop the gas tank and either check the fuel tank pressure sensor or replace it and also look for and or replace the fuel tank vent. If the seal where the fuel pump is corroded and comprimised could this cause the code? Any ideas? I also checked to make sure there is voltage at both purge valves with the key in the on position. (which there is)

Hi JACUSTOMER-4pwq9spc-. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Any leaks in the fuel system that can leak out vapors will cause this code.It is unable to hold vacuum in the evap system.The seal around the fuel pump,any vapor lines cracking or a corroded fuel filler neck.The filler neck being corroded through is the most common problem we have seen lately.We use a smoke machine to pump smoke into the evap system to find pin hole leaks.You may need to have a shop with a smoke machine test it for you if you don't see any obvious faults.