Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS: drives..a hood..airbag..passenger

I'm thinking of buying a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS thats needs major repairs. It drives and the engine checked what is needed are: a hood, front bumper, right headlight, grill, driver airbag, and passenger airbag. Any ballpark on the cost of parts & labor? I'm in NYC.

Unless they are all but giving this Tiburon away, I would pass on this. Between the body work, including painting and replacing the airbags, plus the crash sensors, plus the airbag control module, you will be looking at $5500-6250 parts and labor.

In addition, this car may have hidden frame damage. If you are serious about purchasing it, you need to have a body shop with laser frame setup check for frame damage before you purchase it.