jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

battery wont start then wait like 15 to 20 minutes

Customer Question

Cleaning the battery post, thought would work, it didn't work, other things that seems to happen, it won't start then wait like 15 to 20 minutes, then it will start, any other advice.
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 6 years ago.
Good EveningCustomer When this condition occurs does the engine crank over with a strong battery;or does it seem as if the battery is weak with a slow crank? Also, does it crank over at all or is it totally dead? Thanks...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
totally dead, then wait for 15 to 20 minutes then it starts, this is my grilfriends car, I have not been there when this happened yet.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is not toally dead just wont start, sorry about that, she said everything else is on in the car
Have battery tested under a load...may have a bad cell...also check battery cables for tightness on both ends....All of the inside accessories require little power to work...The starter is a huge consumer and a weak or faulty battery will give the symptoms you describe...jeffrey590
If battery checks out OK, check the cable ends for tightness as I described....Pay particular attention to the starter terminal (s) ...Common for these to loosen over time...jeffrey590