Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2002 Saturn: I broke the coolant temp sensor

I broke the coolant temp sensor off in my 2002 Saturn SL I managed to get part of the threads out but the nose of the sensor is still in the passage I can't see much in the passage but it almost looks like part of the sensor threads may still be inside the passage threads short of taking the head off is there any way to get the nose out of the passage?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX passage goes down into the block, i would retap the passage and install a new sensor the piece probably will go into the block and not cause a problem, if you have a problem with it overheating after you replace the sensor, then the head will have to come off to get the piece out, but I doubt it will cause a problem,Tim