Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport: I program a new key myself

Customer Question

Can I program a new key myself for a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport? If so, where can I get the directions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX reprogramming of the keys requires a special scanner to do this, this can be done at the dealer, or most mobile locksmiths now have the scannes to do this, we use the mobile locksmith because they are cheaper and it saves a tow bill to the dealer, as they will come to your vehicle and do it on site,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wanted directions to program the key. I already knew I could go to the dealer or a locksmith. I was hoping to save money and program it myself.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
they cannot be programmed without a scanner,Tim