Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

We have a 2005 model short wheel base 3.2 diesel..anti skid..fuel pump

Hi there we have a 2005 model short wheel base 3.2 diesel and had a enjin light and anti skid lights,the dealer changed the inboard computer,then it hapened again they changed the fuel regulater underneeth the battery,then they changed the fuel pump,and the problem is still there I am taking it back on wensday,what could it be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

Ask them to check all of the wiring connections in the engine management system. Also make sure the computer has good connections to power and ground. It is most likely a problem in the electrical system with a bad connection. Odds are it may be the computers connection to power or ground, because the computer was recently changed. Both of these lights should come on at the same time, and this also makes the problem look as if the computer has a malfunction, which could easily be caused if it has lost power or ground on one of the wires to the computer. There are many possibilities, be sure they check out these problems. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.