cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year as shop owner and ase master tech also certified body tech

93 S10: PICKUP..IT STALLED ON THE HIGHWAY DOING 65 I HAD..2WD

HI I HAVE A 93 S10 PICKUP IT STALLED ON THE HIGHWAY DOING 65 I HAD TO TOWED.NO FUEL TO CARB CHANGED PUMP IN TANK STILL NOTHING CHANGED RELAY NOTHING DONT KNOW WHERR TO LOOK NEXT THE BOOK IS VERY VAUGE PLEASE HELP 2.8 2WD
Category: Car
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
can you please tell me when you first tell me when you first turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump run for 2 to 3 seconds also do you have a test light or voltmeter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no it does not run for 2 or 3 sec. i do have test light som people think theres a fuse for this but dont see one. also ihot wired the old pump and it ran like a champ thats why its somewhere else.needed to changed anyway is it open circut or bad ground it could be just thought you could say its this or that just dont know what the juice goes threw before the pump just need running soon
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Are you still online and need help?
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
i will be happy to continue helping you let me get some diagrams pulled and see what our next step should be
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.

check 2 fuses to see if you have power the ecm one fuse and the ecm b fuse these control the pump and the injectors

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are the fuses in the normal spot under the driver side cause i cant find any other place for fuses imean the two your talking about
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.

it is under the left of the dash by the firewall area here is a picture of the box

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi ifound the emcb fuse to be bad i took the radio fuse out the same amp that blew to now what oh boy
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
let let me pull the diagram back up there is a short some where in the circuit
Expert:  cartech replied 4 years ago.
your going to need some extra fuses and then unplug the fuel pump relay and the oil pressure sender and put a fuse in and see if it blows the fuse if it does not then plug the oil sender in if it still does not plug the fuel pump relay in this will isolate the problem
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 25 year as shop owner and ase master tech also certified body tech