FixItMan, Master Technician

2001 Saab: blew..tire..the steering wheel starts shaking/..50 mph

I have a 2001 Saab 9-3. Recently blew a tire and had it replaced. Not long after, the steering wheel starts shaking/vibrating usually between 50 mph -about 75 mph. Sometimes it's really shaky, others it's only slight, but always noted between those speeds. Is it likely I just need the tires balanced and rotated?
Hello JACUSTOMER, I would start by having ths tires balanced. If the problem continues then you may have a bent wheel or hub on the side that the blow out was on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know much about cars, do I need a balance and a rotation or just a blance to check it out? Do you know generally how much labor is involved if it's a bent wheel or hub, or how much that usually costs?
Typically you can just get the wheels balanced. If it is a bent wheel this can cost about $200 to replace. If it is a bent hub expect the cost to be around $400-500.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok just one more thing, I just thought of it, sorry! I had the brakes replaced about a week after the tire blew, do you think that may have done something as well?
If the shaking is not happening when hitting the brakes then I do not think it is braqke related. It is possible that you have a loose part in the front end causing this also.