Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Service Manager for Bridgstone/ Firestone
9949505

How do you remove the rotor assembly of a 1996 Isuzu Rodeo

Customer Question

how do you remove the rotor assembly of a 1996 Isuzu Rodeo
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,

RONT HUB AND DISC (2WD Model)

REMOVAL
Before removal, jack up the front of vehicle and support frame with jack stands.

1. Remove the two bolts from the rear side of the knuckle arm, then remove the brake caliper, with the brake hose attached.
  2. Use a wire to attach the brake caliper to the upper link.

1. Remove hub nut, using front hub nut wrench Wrench: J-36827
  2. Clamp hub and disc assembly in vise, using protective pads. Remove six (6) disc- to-hub retaining bolts.

INSTALLATION

1. Install hub to disc Tighten the bolts to the specified torque. Torque: 103 N.m (76 lb.ft.)
  2. Install hub and nut. Turn the place where there is a chamfer in the trapped hole to the outer side, and attach the nut. Wrench J-36827
  3. Preload adjustment

Tighten the hub nut to 29.4 N.m (21.7 lb.ft.) , then loosen the nut to the full.

Tighten the hub nut to the value given above, using a spring scale on the wheel pin.

• If the measured bearing preload is outside the specifications, adjust it by loosening or tightening the bearing nut.
  1. Lock washer Turn the side with larger diameter of the tapered bore to the vehicle outer side, and attach the washer.

If the bolt holes in the lock plate are not aligned with the corresponding holes in the nut, reverse the lock plate. If the bolt holes are still out of alignment, turn in the nut just enough to obtain alignment. Screw is to be fastened tightly so its head may come lower than the surface of the washer.

1. Install the hub cover
  2. Install the brake caliper
  3. Install wheel and torque to specs.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am trying to remove the rotor to replace the rotor. I cannot remove the rotor because what appears to be a bearing assembly that houses the four wheel drive spindle will nt budge. I need that to come off so I can replace the rotor. How does this come off?
Expert:  Tim West replied 6 years ago.
graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic