Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2004 Hyundai Tiburon: hesitates and then jerks

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon V6. The problem I am having is while I am driving at a consistent speed the car hesitates and then jerks about every other second. If I am accelerating it does not happen. The code that is coming up is saying the throttle position sensor. I replaced that sensor several months ago so I don't think that it has gone bad so quickly. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you. Hayley
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 6 years ago.
It is probably the throttle position sensor, It should still be under warranty. I have seen a lot of the aftermarket ones go bad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I purchased the throttle position sensor thru the dealership so its not aftermarket. Is there a way I can test it with a meter to see if thats the issue?
Expert:  Neal replied 6 years ago.
I do not have the specs for that model. I will opt out and see if someone else does.