Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I just want the answers to these question. ASE Style 1.

I just want the answers to these question.

ASE Style

1. While diagnosing a front-wheel-drive car that makes a clunking noise when it is accelerating and making a turn, Technician A says an excessively worn throw-out or release bearing can cause this problem
Technician B says a worn cv-joint can cause this problem
Who is right?
A only
B only
Both A and B
Neither A nor B

2. An oxygen sensor has a voltage reading of .20volts.
Technician A says this indicates a rich fuel mixture.
Technician B says .45 is 14.7:1 orstoichiometry.
Who is correct?

Technician A
Technician B
Both Technician A and b
Neither Technician A or b

3. Technician A says that the evaporative purge valve releases fuel vapor to the intake manifold instead of the atmosphere.
Technician B says an evaporative pressure sensor is used to notify the pcm of gas tank pressure.
Who is correct?
Technician A
Technician B
Both Technician A and b
Neither Technician A or b

4 The rear wheels of a vehicle keep locking up wh
Category: Car
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
JAMIE :

question 1. b

JAMIE :

question 2. neather

JAMIE :

question 3. b

JAMIE :

I need the rest of question 4 please

Customer:

4 The rear wheels of a vehicle keep locking up when the brakes are applied.

Which of these is the most likely to cause this?

The metering valve

The pressure differential switch

The proportioning valve

The brake switch

5 Technician A says the crankshaft position sensor monitors the crankshafts speed and rotation.

Technician B says a permanent magnet sensor has three wires

Who is correct?

Technician A

Technician B

Both Technician A and b

Neither Technician A or b

6. All of these are true about the metering valve except:

It is used on most vehicles with front disc and rear drum brakes.

It is a height sensing device.

It gives the rear brakes a chance to over come the springs and engage with the front brakes.

It is often part of the combination valve.

7. Technician A says that welding is an excepted method of cracked engine block repair.

Technician B says that metal pinning/stitching is an accepted method of cracked engine block repair.

Who is correct?

Technician A

Technician B

Both Technician A and b

Neither Technician A or b

8. Two technicians are discussing flywheel resurfacing.

Technician A says a mark should be placed on the flywheel/crankshaft before removal.

Technician B says if too much of the surface is removed from the flywheel damage will occur to the release bearing.

Who is correct?

Technician A

Technician B

Both Technician A and b

Neither Technician A or b

9. Limited slip differentials have all of the following characteristics except:

Both wheels drive during acceleration.

Chatter may occur from worn parts.

They often use special fluids.

Both wheels drive while cornering

10. Two technicians are discussing vacuum assist brake boosters.

Technician A says to pump the brake pedal numerous times to relieve the vacuum from the brake booster.

Technician B says after relieving the vacuum to tart the engine and the pedal should move slightly toward the floor.

Who is correct?

Technician A

Technician B

Both Technician A and b

Neither Technician A or b

11. A vehicle lacks power at high speeds and under heavy engine load conditions.

Which of these is the most likely cause?

A stuck-closed fuel pressure regulator

An intake valve adjusted to tight

Low fuel pump delivery volume

A stuck-open egr valve

JAMIE :

4. proportioning valve

JAMIE :

5. a

JAMIE :

6. It is a hight sensing device

JAMIE :

7.

JAMIE :

7. a

JAMIE :

8. neither

JAMIE :

9. both wheels drive while turning

JAMIE :

10.thechnician a

JAMIE :

11. low fule pump delivery volume

JAMIE :

any more?

JAMIE :

Becouse these are test questions 1 of my answers is incorect, can you tell me which one?

Customer:

just question 10 coudn't that be both because I think I had saw a video with some one pumping the brake and then starting the engine and it moved slightly I'm I right.

JAMIE :

no

Customer:

just give me the reason for that one please

Customer:

explanation

JAMIE :

The spring in the vacuum booster would keep the pedal where it should be

Customer:

even after you start the vechicle

JAMIE :

yes

Customer:

ok

Customer:

thank you

JAMIE :

you still have not found the incorrect answer\

Customer:

i wont know until after i take the test i just wanted someone more knowlegable then me to answer these thats all as long you got most of them correct

JAMIE :

OK

Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience: I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q