Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.

2000 Isuzu Trooper: I need to go to my auto mechanic for this job

I need to replace the thermostat in my 2000 Isuzu Trooper 3.5L. Is the thermostat located in a spot where I can get to it by myself or will I need to go to my auto mechanic for this job? Someone told me that if I take off the top radiator hose I will have easy access to the thermostat, are they correct? If not can you tell me where it is. Thanks.

You will have to remove the Thermostat Housing to get to the Thermostat inside
Follow the Radiator Hose to the Thermostat Housing & remove the bolts holding the Thermostat Housing

Here is procedure

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just looked under the hood and it looks like I would have to remove many parts just to see the bolts to the thermostat housing. If so should I just go to my mechanic. It looks very labor intensive, would it be very expensive??

While the Theremostat Housing sits on top of the Water Inlet, there are a few components to move to get to it for removal, clean & seal.
If you have not done this type repair or do not feel comfotable doing it, Dealer or Shop would be recommended

Labor calls for apprx 2.5 hours & then there will be Parts & Coolant