Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2002 Infiniti G20: battery is drained..parked..service local

My 2002 Infiniti G20 sears battery is drained by morning, every morning while parked. The battery is new. I recently had service done at my local Infiniti dealer. Work done: replaced plug wires, EGR sensor, EGR valve, right engine mount, tranny mount, upper and lower radiator hoses, oil and filter, coolant flush, brake fluid flush, fuel injection flush, steering fluid flush, rear oxygen sensor, idle speed actuator, fuel induction throtle plate gasket, ECM. All this was done due to breakdown on the freeway. Initial diagnosis was that the ISC motor connector shorted out and melted onto idle speed motor. Now car batter will not keep a charge overnight, but works fine all day, and car electrical hiccups while driving. What could this problem be? is it related to what was done already? could it be the factory alarm shorted out too with the ISC motor connector and ECM? Help!
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

You are going to have to pinpoint what is drawing the battery down. Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Put a test light between the negative cable and the negative battery terminal. With the key out of the ignition switch and the vehicle just sitting there (make sure the doors are closed) the test light should not light up bright. If it does, there is a draw! Disconnect one fuse at a time until the test light goes out. When it does, u have found the circuit that the draw is on! Here is a hint, a lot of times it is either the dome light, trunk light or the glove compartment light that stays on. If you do not want to go through the hassle of the test, pull the bulbs out and see if that helps. Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi just one follow-up question. The car battery is dead already. Do I need to charge it up again before performing this test or can I just perform the test with the dead battery?

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the delay!

The battery will need to be charged in order to do this test.

I hope everything goes well! Let me know if you have any further questions!

Please don't forget to accept my answer.