James, Technician
Experience:  6 years automotive 4 years mining electrical

hyundai tiburon: fix the air needed replacing

Customer Question

I keep having problems with the a/c on a 2003 v6 hyundai tiburon for the last 4 years I have had to fix the air conditioning every year. The first time it was a shrader valve. At the beginning of the next summer it needed replacing again. The third summer it was a leak the O rings. Last wek I got the O rings agained and it already quit blowing cold air. Any ideas if these issues could be related or is it cheap engineering?
Category: Car
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi there

Airconditioning systems are always a pain
some people have all the bad luck tho

In most cases i recommend people have the airconditioning on all year round even when the heater is on this assists the flow of gas and helps to lubricates the o rings and other components that make the system work.

When not in use the components and o rings dry out and then summer comes along and you pressurize the system by turning it on it tends to break these seals and allow the gass to escape causing tus no air con

These are the only the only things you can do to assist in the health of your system
I have not heard of any extreme issues in regards XXXXX XXXXX's airconditioning systems.

I hope this assitis you with your train of though in relation to this matter
Best of luck Joel