Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.

Dpf light flashing on mazda 6 , can i wash it out

Customer Question

dpf light flashing on mazda 6 , can i wash it out
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 6 years ago.

Hi, I will do my best to assist you. When you are finished please click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. I only know as much about your problem as you have told me in your post, so my answer will be based on what you have posted. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed.

This is a light telling you that the diesel particulate filter is becoming clogged. The best way to burn these deposits off in the filter is to drive at a fairly high, and regular speed. Above 40 mph and above 2000 RPM, for at least 30 minutes, longer and faster is better. If the problem is bad enough the filter may require service, and it is costly, so Drive Drive Drive. This is very common, and will normally clear itself, as long as it doesn't become to clogged. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.