JacobTD, Mechanic
Experience:  12 Years First hand

1995 Oldsmobile Achieva: V6..the pulley/clutch on mine..grinding

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Oldsmobile Achieva 3.1L V6 . I was going to purchase a salvage yard ac compressor since the pulley/clutch on mine is grinding its way up. There are metal shavings flaking out when the car is running and the noise is loud and rattley in that spot.

My question is what is the procedure to remove and replace the ac compressor. What other parts might I need to finish the job. Thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  JacobTD replied 6 years ago.
remove whatever to gain access. 4 bolts one wire, belt and a high pressure line and low pressure line. You will need to have it recharged,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is a salvage part sufficient for use or is it a crap shoot and could fail immediately. Is a salvage yard good about honoring the part for at least a few months or more?