danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

I have a freelander 2 where my key fob is stuck in the starter

Customer Question

I have a freelander 2 where my key fob is stuck in the starter control unit and the car won't start nor can I remove the key. Initial thoughts was a flat battery, this has now been ruled out as the car has power (horn works, lights work etc..) I am able to lock and unlock the car with my spare key but can I can not remove the stuck key - Any thoughts???
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
Your lock cylinder is bad you may want to try a key lube silicon spray and jiggle it but your cylinder needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Daniel,
the problem has been resolved - it was a software glitch requiring a software upgrade and reboot.
Thanks for your assistance anyway.

Regards
George
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.

Good Job.

Thanks for the feedback.