danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

1995 Saab 900 SE: a V6 Automatic that..previous owner..speed manual

I have two 1995 Saab 900 SE Convertibles. One is a V6 Automatic that has a bad engine, previous owner ran it without oil, the other is a 2.0 Turbo 5 speed manual.

I rolled the Turbo over in the snow this past Winter, it is damaged but still in good mechanical condition (engine transmission, etc). The damage is cosmetic, torn top, broken windshield, headlights, passengers side door window, etc.

My question is, what is going to be involved in swapping the engine, transmission and computer from the Turbo to the V6 that has a good body and top?
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
With the transmission and engine just use the same mounts from the car its coming from and it will bolt up fine to the new one. Yes transfer the modules ecm tcm that will match the sensors on your good engine. you will want to compare the fuse block also. Even if they are not the same they could include or not have fuses and relay's depending on each cars options. you should not have to many glitches.