Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

1997 mazda b2300 4 cly std. Started by replacing clutch plate

Customer Question

1997 mazda b2300 4 cly std. Started by replacing clutch plate and bearing. after reassembly clutch slave cylinder started leaking and did not release clutch. Took out tranny for second time replaced slave cylinder and re installed. bleed hydraulic lines. when stepping on clutch pedal the pedal showed no resistance for first half of travel then was rock solid and clutch plate did not release. Then replaced clutch master cylinder suspecting it was damaged. now the clutch pedal shows no resistance have free flow of fluid threw the bleeder valve. clutch pedal show no pressure build up after pumping. right now have hydraulic line disconnected at slave cylinder. pedal pumps freely with no resistance and no fluid leakage.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Get a hand held vacuum pump and pull a vacuum on the reservoir and pump the pedal about 15 times then release the vacuum and press it 15 more times. Do this a couple times back and forth to rid the system of air. This needs to be done with the bleeder closed. This is the most efficient way to rid air in the system.