George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

2002 Hyundai sonata: Aluminum..the 2 10mm bolts..bracket..ground wire

Have a six cylinder 2002 Hyundai sonata--I know where the plugs are I am leering of remover the Aluminum cover to get to the Back 3 plugs. I have removed 8 bolts so far and i have no movement in the cover. what am i missing?

I removed the 2 10mm bolts from the top front--3 12mm bolts from top front--2 12 mm bolts on back and 1 1o mm holding a bracket with a ground wire on the back left.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

There are three bolts on the back brackets and one under the throttle body. The two at the ends of the plenum are easialy missed so that is a total of 11 fasteners. The procedure shch as it is can be found by clicking here. When you reassemble be sure to install the three rear bolts finger tight before you install the fromt bolts as it makes life easier

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I figured I was missing a bolt before I got your response.

Had one mishap that I could use some advice on now.

All Plugs and wires replaced--they truly needed it--Plugs were pretty worn down.

While lifting the Plenum I pulloed the Fuel Injector Sensotr wires out of the Plug on Cylinder 5.

I did not break them they just came out of the connector Housing--I replace them and confirmed that they were seated, however after putting everything back to gether I am nisfiring on Cylinder 5 becauses the Injector is not working properly. How can I ensure that the wires are making contact correctly before I go thru this again? I believe i can place the wires back into the connector without lifting the Plenum again as I have a Long pair og needlenose pliers and i can see the connector from the Passenger side of the car.

Or am I better off removing everything again and completely replacing the connector even though I know it is not actually broken?

Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.
Pull one of the front injector connectors off and make sure that #5 is seated the same. It is a simple matter to pull the bolts and lift that side of the plenum if you have to the ensure a good connection. The wires do have plastic retainers in the connector so if those are broken the wire pins could be pushed out of the connector