Brian, Technician
Experience:  20yrs volvo/saab foreign car service

My 2005 93 Linear check engine light went..accelerator..towed..module

My 2005 93 Linear check engine light went on. The accelerator lost power so the car was towed to the dealer. The accelerator sensing module (?) was replaced. Picked up the car, turned it on, light was on again. They have now had the car for over two weeks, have contacted the Saab technology center because they cannot get the light to turn off. They have removed and cleaned just about every electrical termination. The light goes off, they test drive it, and it comes back on. They are saying the last straw is to replace the ECM. Any thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Brian replied 6 years ago.

Hi and welcome. If the dealer has confirmed that they have repaired the problem that the codes are coming up then the problem must be with the computer.When the computer senses a fault it must go thru so many drive cycles to confirm it is a fault before bring the lite on and if the proper repairs are being made then the computer is not seeing that the repairs are made. You might want to consider finding a good saab mechanic with proper software just to get a second opinion couldn't hurt. If you have any further questions let me know.