Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  38 years Import and Domestic

Clutch..droped..the car stopped shifting while i was driving

my clutch droped to the floor. the car stopped shifting while i was driving. fith gear will not ingage at all. if i pump the clutch it helps but now the clucth is stuck to the floor and i m losing brake fluid? WHAT DO I DO? HELP PLEASE
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Barlogio replied 4 years ago.
What model do you have? Jim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
forenza
Sound like you must have a fluid loss. Check you fluid level first. If it is low will need to locate the leak. Here is a diagram of your system.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so the brake fluid does control the clutch? if so then there is a leak. if it is a hose or cylinder pipe it can be replaced ? what if it is from reservoir. going to look where the leak might be
Yes brake fluid is used for your clutch system. There are 2 most likely places, One from inside the car look where the clutch pedal rod goes into the clutch master. There should be no leakage at all... graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is the reason fith gear want ingage is because there is not enough pressure?
Not sure about that right now but the fact that your pedal went to the floor and you can pump it up means we have a problem with the fluid ..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. it eather the cylnder or the hose that conects to it where the leake is. it right at the bracket hard to tell wich side fluid on both side wet where they connect
More likely the master cylinder is your problem. It will need to be replaced and the system bleed.
Not sure of your skill level. The bleeding procedure can be a bit hard sometimes. I would advise getting some help if you might plan on doing it yourself. It takes two people to bleed the system regardless.

Jim
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 38 years Import and Domestic