Brian
Brian, Technician
Experience:  20yrs volvo/saab foreign car service
17530802

1995 SAAB: I parked it and itnever started again

I have a 1995 SAAB 900S.
It was running just fine before and DURING the time when
I pressure washed the engine. After that I parked it and it
never started again. It does NOT turn over. when I turn the key
I hear a muffled "bump" that is coming from somewhere in the passenger
compartment...its not the starter making the noise. It sounds like it could
be a relay that is in sound deadened box....because its not a click...its more like
a "bump". But the car is not attempting to start....Im sure it would start if it
turned over. Heck..it was working before (and during) the time I pressure washed it.
The vehicle has sat for a year now...and I figure its time to fix it toss it.
Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome. You would need to check to see if you are getting if you are getting 12v to the small terminal on the starter when trying to turn over the car.If you are not getting power it is not the starter if you do get 12v then then it is the starter.I am not sure what noise is about the only this on the passengers side that wouldnt make the car not start is the computer. let me know how you make out.

Thanks

Brian

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im going to try that in a little while and I will let you know the results.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I didnt forget about this...I just got tied up on a much bigger project.
The starter is NOT getting power....but I hear the relays activate
when I turn the key.
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.

the relays could be other systems . the starter relay is located on the drivers side. under the panel.if the relay is not activating when you turn the key when in start position then it is probably the ignition switch which are common.

Thanks

Brian

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ill check that on Sunday....Ill attempt to put 12v directly to the starter unless you tell me otherwise
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.

12 v to small terminal large terminal should have 12v already.

Thanks

Brian

Brian, Technician
Experience: 20yrs volvo/saab foreign car service