Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

2000 Lincoln Continental: door panel..drivers side front..inside door

How do I remove the door panel (driver's side front) from a 2000 Lincoln Continental? I have the 5 visible screws out (two along the bottom, one on the top back side of the panel and two inside the inside door latch area). What else?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Enclosed are step by step instructions for door panel removal.

Click here to download file

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've removed all the screws in this procedure, but the door panel doesn't want to budge.

In step 3 it appears the panel slides out towards the back of the door but it remains tight.

Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
If you are sure you have all the screws out, it slides up and over and it will come off. Make sure you have all your screws out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are there clips that hold the panel in? I have pounded from the bottom but to no avail.

All five of the screws shown in steps 2 and 3 have been removed. The panel doesn't budge at all. What else can I do?

Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
No there are no clips just the hooks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What hooks? What can be keeping the panel from coming off when pulled upwards?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

If you have all the screws out, there shouldnt be anything holding it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have any of the mechanics that are on-line ever done this? Do I have to pound harder or how have they actually done the removal?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.

I have had dozens off and havnt had any problem, I will relist the question for you as I can not see what is holding it form here. Hang on and hopefully some else can help you. Dont respond back to me as it looks the question to me .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Problem solved. Had to "Pull Outward" very hard to unlock the plastic fingers to release the panel.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 years ago.
Glad you got it,
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Tech