Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

completely dead..cockpit charger that plugs into the lighter..garage

Customer Question

My maserati battery is so completely dead that the trunk won't even unlatch. I asked this question a few days ago and of course now I forget what the guy had said you guys use. Some type of "cockpit charger" that plugs into the lighter....What can I do other than getting the car towed out of my father's garage. Would like to have him not worry about it when he returns from Florida. Any ideas, suggestions?

Whatever the part was, it was available at most auto parts stores. Please advise. Thanks!

-Steve
Category: Car
Expert:  JacobTD replied 6 years ago.
12 volt battery with a cig lighter adaptor. plug it in
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Wait, so I have to get a whole other battery. There is no access to the trunk at all..Not through the back seat either. How would I like the battery to the electronics in the car?
Expert:  JacobTD replied 6 years ago.
a 9 volt may work also
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not a car person - Hook the 9 volt to what?!? Do I just place a 9-volt battery on the trunk and viola it opens. I don't understand You have to be more specific. Will(NNN) NNN-NNNNDouble A's work...Forget it man
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a 12-Volt Battery charger plugged into my car lighter right now, but no lights on the charger are on indicating power is flowing. I read in a couple places that in order for these things to work there needs to be at least a little power in the car battery...My battery does not even have 1 amp of power in it. Any ideas?
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 6 years ago.
If you would like I can give you a parts list of the things you will need to be able to pop the trunk. it does not take much and is easy to make. Please let me know If you would like my help.