DBranch
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.
9901235

faults on the rear center console..cigarette lighter..center hatch

Dear Sirs, I found some faults on the rear center console of my otherwise perfect used 2007 HSE: One of the two cigarette lighter/power plugs has no power, neither is there power to the power plug inside the center hatch/cubby box, and the cover that hides the AUX & two power plugs of rear console is broken. I bought the trim (cover) from the dealer but its shape and hole patterns lead me to believe it's tricky to install. Is changing that rear cover within my capacity to do so with the proper tools or are there "hidden"/"unknown" variables to an inexperienced DIY like myself that will lead me to damage the console even further? Thanks for the advice and pointers
Anthony (Miami, FL)[email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

To be completely honest that thing is a pain in the you know what. You can do it but everytime I have ever done one it takes at least an hour and never gets any easier. It hard to line the rod up that runs through the console lid. The clips on the outside when you take the bolts out on the lid break easily. Taking it apart isnt as bad as putting it back together. This is my opinion on it but I dont think you will damage anything further if you are easy with it.

Edited by DBranch on 5/2/2010 at 2:19 AM EST