chrytech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+years experience in GM and chrysler

Mitsubishi Expo: disconnect..turn signal switch..that has an airbag

Do you need to disconnect the battery or do anything else to install a new turn signal switch in a Mitsubishi Expo that has an airbag?
hello, you don't need to worry about the airbag going off if the only thing your doing is replacing the turn signal switch. if however you are this uncomfortable with it, i would recommend that you disconnect the battery just to be on the safe side.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As I am not an car person (obviously), I just want to make sure I get the "disconnect"the battery part. Do Just use a wrench to remove the "negative" connection to the battery?

I know not to touch the wire to anything else but are there any other precautions I need to take when disconnecting it?

that is correct just take the negative off and set it aside so that it cant accidentally touch the battery post.