DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.

bronco: My 2002 Range Rover..leak in the 5-10 minutes

Customer Question

My 2002 Range Rover has some kind of leak in the suspension. Occasionaly it has an EAS Fault and gets stuck all the way down and rides like a bucking bronco. When I get a quick fix from the dealer it only takes like 5-10 minutes for them to reset it. I know its something simple. What is it ?
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

You probably have a rear air bag leaking. To determine which one you will have to let it pump back up then get a spray bottle with soapy water in it. Spray around the bottom of the rubber bladder on the air bag and if you see it bubble out the it is leaking. They start leaking because they dry rot and crack. This is the most common cause of leaks on this car. They also make an coil spring conversion kit for this car that will completely get rid of the air suspension and could save you money in the future.