Kiatech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

2004 mazda: the power steering light came on so I..steering rack

I own a 2004 Mazda rx8. 2 years ago the power steering light came on so I took it to the daeler where the power steering rack was replace. I took it back to dealer 3 times same week, finnaly they fix it. Now I'm having the same problem so I took it to a shop to get it check and after running the scan they came back with two codes B11342, B2278. Appearantly a faulty powersteering module. I took back home and bought a used module on ebay and after I stalled it the car would do the same thing as with the old one. Light goes out, but powersteering king gets stuck when turning than light comes on again. Is there something that I need to do reset it or I just got a bad use Module.
Thanks Ed.
Category: Car
Expert:  Kiatech replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-2eypwfx, Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Here are the diag. flow charts for B1342. click on links to download.

Run through this flow chart,theres a chance the old module is still good.

If you are satisfied with my answer please click Accept. Or click Reply if you need more help.